Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom

1. Discuss which of the multiple intelligences you have strengths in and then discuss some of the core characteristics of that (or those) intelligences. Discuss which of the core characteristics best describe you and your learning style.
I found that I got very strong results for Kinesthetic, Musical, Intrapersonal, and Existential intelligences. However, I'm choosing to focus more directly to my Kinesthetic results because I have always found that it is a consistant result for my learning styles. Of the Kinesthetic Core Characteristics, I would say that the "Concrete" characteristic best describes me because I always remember things a lot better if learning them involves some sort of movement.

2. Discuss what students with this type of intelligence enjoy, are like, or tend to do within classroom settings.
In the classroom setting, students with this type of intelligence enjoy hands-on activities, appreciate doing interactive activities, and have very good gross/fine motor skills.

3. Discuss how you will support this type of intelligence within your classroom and within your teaching.
Within my teaching, I will be able to incorporate this specific learning style by obviously involving a lot more hands-on activities, as well as doing more dramatics in my teaching and using more manipulatives when teaching more factual-based subjects, like math.

4. Discuss what technologies stimulate thus type of intelligence.
Technologies that stimulate this type of intelligence are construction tools, like wheels, pulleys, screws, levers, and other objects. Also, I could incorporate tools like joysticks and other forms of technologies that can be used as manipulatives and other objects that require hand-eye coordination.

5. And finally, discuss how you might impact student learning by applying your understanding of learning styles and multiple intelligences within your classroom.

I will impact students in a positive way by studying, understanding, and applying all the ideas and facts that I just learned about this and other learning styles from the Multiple Intelligences test.

1 comment:

  1. Good summary of the MI area and how that can be used to impact what goes on in your future classroom. Can you think of a specific example of how you might impact student learning by addressing MI in your teaching?

    ReplyDelete